“Our partnership with Gourmet Dining Services is truly exceptional. They have become a partner in not only serving the NJIT community, but the overall success and growth of our University.”~ Dr. Joel Bloom, President, New Jersey Institute of Technology
ROOTED IN OUR CLIENT COMMUNITIES
Gourmet Dining is committed to taking care of the communities where we live and work. We connect with clients and students to build meaningful relationships and partner with businesses to grow local economies. We implement sustainable business practices to reduce the environmental impact of our dining operations and establish community outreach programs to help those in need. And, we provide career opportunities to local talent, including veterans. This is who we are.
Sustainable Business Practices
We purchase a wide variety of earth-friendly and socially-conscious foods.
- Buying local products to support family farms Serving sustainable seafood (Monterrey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch Partnership)
- Featuring socially and ecologically certified coffee (Rainforest Alliance Partnership)
- Providing fresh yogurt and milk free of artificial growth hormones rBGH/rBST Offering certified humane cage-free eggs
- Buying poultry produced without the routine use of human antibiotics
We help clients minimize the environmental impact of their campus dining operations.
- Tracking and measuring food waste across client campuses (Waste Not Program)
- Raising awareness and encouraging students to reduce food waste within the campus dining system (Project Clean Plate)
- Implementing trayless dining to reduce waste and water usage
- Recycling packaged goods and composting leftover food scraps
- Providing reusable to-go containers Using Green Seal Certified cleaning products to reduce human and aquatic toxicity
We partner with our clients and organizations to address food insecurity on and off campus.
- Providing nutritious, fresh meals to home-bound participants through (Meals on Wheels)
- Recovering perishable food and donating it to those in need (Food Recovery Network)
- HOME Program (NEED INFO)
- Serving paying and volunteer-to-pay customers via a non-profit community pilot restaurant on the Rutgers University-Newark campus (JBJ Soul Kitchen)
- Providing monetary donations and fresh fruit, dried and canned goods to campus food pantries
As part of the Compass Group commitment, Gourmet Dining is fully committed to being at the forefront in hiring and developing team members who have bravely served our country. It’s the right thing to do. Furthermore, veterans have the skills and experience that will help our organization grow and succeed. We are pleased to partner with Hiring Our Heroes, a nationwide initiative established by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation to help veterans, transitioning service members and military spouse attain meaningful employment opportunities. Over the next five years, we will proudly hire 500 veterans, transition service members or military spouses and put them on solid, exciting new career paths while we benefit from their incredible dedication and experience. Once hired, our veterans are encouraged to join the Compass Group Veteran Associate Resource Group (VARG), which shares promotes veteran recruitment, provides growth opportunities, honors military service and elevates veterans’ success through use of their unique skills and cultural insights so they thrive and advance in the next phase of their careers.